Great Seafood In Southport
If you are hankering for fresh seafood, you have come to the right place. The charming seaside town of Southport has everything from fine dining to a casual quick bite and it’s full of friendly hospitality with a side of southern charm.
- Casual Cuisine: Fishy Fishy Cafe 106 Yacht Basin Dr Southport, NC 28461 Sit and enjoy casual seafood dining dockside at Fishy Fishy. The name may sound a bit funny but the food is seriously delicious. The Salmon Pesto Sandwich and the Shrimp Po’ Boy are two crowd pleasers at this Southport staple.
- Rustic Charm: The Provision Company 130 Yacht Basin Street, Southport, NC 28461 You simply can’t go to Southport without eating at The Provision Company. The atmosphere is very rustic as is the ordering system. You can come straight off the beach or a fishing charter and enjoy a fabulous meal and a view of the waterway. Diners say you absolutely MUST get the Conch Fritters.
- Fine Dining: Oliver’s 101 West Bay Street, Southport, NC 28461-3801 Serving upscale cuisine and exceptional wines both indoors and outside on the waterfront terrace. Patrons recommend the Calabash Platter which is lightly fried shrimp, oysters and flounder with hushpuppies, slaw, lemon and cocktail sauce.
- Fresh Local Favorite: The Frying Pan 319 W Bay St Southport, NC 28461 The Frying Pan is known for their homemade sweet potato biscuits and their award-winning Frying Pan Chowder. Diners rave about the hushpuppies and spread which is complementary with every meal. The view is simply spectacular too.
- Oyster Pub: Moore Street Oyster Bar 110 E Moore St Southport, NC 28461 A local favorite for more than just seafood, the Moore Street Oyster Bar is nestled along the heart of the Southport shopping district. Originally home to Dr. D.I. Watsons Pharmacy in the late 1880’s the quaint pub serves up tasty oyster dishes including its fan favorite Chargrilled Oysters. Don’t forget to ask your bartender for a bushwhacker which also pairs nicely with the fish & chips.
These five restaurants will not disappoint and are located less than a 5-minute drive from The Home Place of Southport. To taste these local favorites for yourself and sample our relaxing lifestyle at The Home Place of Southport, schedule a visit.